THE YEARLEY- DIMITROVA AWARD FOR WOMENS’ EMPOWERMENT
- The annual Award will be made to the person, or persons, who, in the opinion of the Trust have made the greatest contribution to the empowerment of women and girls in the previous 12 months.
- The award will consist of a special trophy and a cash sum of 30,000 rupees
- Winners will be entitled to display a special Yearley Trust Award winner logo
- Nominations can be made by anyone and should include details of what work the nominee has done in the previous 12 months in helping to empower women and girls.
- People nominating someone for the Award should submit a summary of the reason why the person that they are nominating should receive the Award. This should include a summary of the work done by the nominee to empower women and girls.
- The award is open to both individuals and small community organisations only. Large organisations will not be considered.
- The Trust may ask the person making the nomination to provide more details if necessary.
- Closing date for nominations is December 30th each year but earlier submission is recommended.
- Submissions should be made to The Awards Director Santoshi Shrestha
- Nominations will be judged by a panel which includes the Charman and Founder of the Trust, John Yearley, The Trust’s Managing Director Doriana Dimitrova, Warren Santoshi Shrestha the Awards Director and Rojina Silwal the Trust’s Nepali Administration Director with special responsibilities for women’s empowerment. The Trust reserves the right to include any other of its members it thinks necessary in the judging panel.
- The award and presentation will normally be made in February the following year
- The Trust reserves the right not to make an award in any year where it does not consider that the standard of nominations is high enough.
- Nominations may be made by anyone with good knowledge of the nominee and the work that they have done to help the empowerment of women
- People are not eligible to nominate themselves
- Nominees can be either male of female of any age
- The application should state
- Name, Age and contact details of the person being nominated
- Facebook page (if they have one)
- Name and contact details of the person making the nomination including telephone number
- As much detail as possible why the person being nominated deserves the Award
- Persons making nominations may be contacted again for further details
- Nominations should be sent by email (preferably) or by Messenger to
Application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BSk7b2e37bQ9Ve4Zmr4jfDVZKEMtBk3ZBU_rtKwPOds/edit
7. Closing date for nominations for our second year award is January 14th 2023